While the news is full of worrying statics of the coronavirus pandemic and how it is affecting us all greatly. I wanna shift our minds instead to the outbreaks of kindness. Right now, any type of gesture or help can go a long way. There is a bright light to be found in the acts of kindness that everyday people and companies are sharing. During this challenging time, it is crucial that we step up to give to care for one another (in whatever way or form that may be) it can be your neighbors or members of your community.
During social isolation, there are still so many ways you can do your part like I say we are “alone together”. Here are just some of the things we can do to contribute:
- Create hand made masks
- Help the elderly get their groceries
- Donate (food, Money, cleaning supplies)
- Use Social Media platforms as a tool to reach people and inspire
- Order/buy from Small Bussiness
Let’s take look at what CEOs and Large companies are doing to help the people
- Kyleigh Johnson, the external communications manager of Disneyland Resort, announced that Disneyland while closed will be donating excess food to Second Harvest Food Bank of Orange County.
- NBA players and team owners are helping employees whose jobs have been put on hold.
- Well known Jeffree Stars founder and Owner of his own makeup line is also giving back to people randomly sending those in need money through social media platforms.
It is important that we thank and show great appreciation for those in the front lines working and putting their lives at risk to save others. Without them, progress will not be possible they are continuing to fight for us despite a severe lack of resources.